Saturday 19 May 2012

Sheep Day 2012

Today was Sheep Day at Unique Cottage Studios. It was a grey day (and quite cold) so the decision was made to do my demonstrations in the studio rather than outside. This was the tent in the courtyard from the studio window. It was great to see so many new people today and have old friends come for a visit.
With all the dyeing and people visiting the studio got quite warm. I did chemical wool dyeing this morning on spun  yarn (Blue faced Leicester) and some natural dyeing in the afternoon on fleece. My wool dyeing workshop at the studio has now had to be changed to Wednesday June 20th 2012. There are two places left. Please contact me if you would like any more information.
I was caught mid action on this image. Tina managed to get my best half (!). I can't remember what I was doing but seem to be pointing to the indigo sample pinned up.
Its not a clear photo but the fabrics on the left are from the tulip bundle this week. The middle piece is now a stitched sample.
Wendy showed people how to make some fantastic woolly pendants and  Tina was stitching into blankets. Thank you both for being there.

It was so busy that I didn't get any photos of the sheep nor alpacas. I did get a 50g bag of alpaca fleece though to play with.

Thanks to everyone who came and the May newsletter will be out next week.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a great day, I am looking forward to visiting the studios as soon as I can!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. It is lovely to get feedback from anyone. I would love to reply to comments so keep checking back.